Licensed Trek Operators: The INC (Instituto de Cultura Nacional) is the regulatory body responsible for controlling access to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail. In order to operate the Inca Trail, companies must meet certain basic requirements, accrediting that they have professional guides and good camping equipment, radio communications and emergency first aid, including oxygen. The license to operate the Inca Trail is renewed at the beginning of each year. Due to legal problems, the government has found it difficult to withdraw the licenses of underperforming companies, and so far all tour operators that have met the basic requirements have received a licence. Legislation is likely to be introduced in late 2008 to give the Ministry of Tourism more power and allow it to fine, suspend or close poorly performing businesses. You can find a complete list of authorized Inca Trail tour operators by clicking here.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION to RESERVE the INCA TRAIL for 2020 – 2021
– Whether you are doing the Inca Trail in 2020 -2021, it is recommended to secure your places as soon as possible (SEE THE OFFICIAL AVAILABILITY OF THE INCA TRAIL ABOVE), there is no reason to wait! – RESERVE NOW!
– The number of available spaces shown on this page is for both: for the CLASSIC INCA TRAIL that takes place in 4 Days, 5 Days, 3 Days and 6 Days, the one that goes via Salkantay. And the Short Inca Trail that starts at Km 104 always has spaces. Please confirm which one you are interested in when inquiring or booking
– We provide guaranteed Inca Trail departures every day in 2020 – 2021 as long as there are spaces available; so you can START THE TREK on any date marked in GREEN (except during February when the Inca Trail is closed).
– The Inca Trail is CLOSED every year in FEBRUARY for maintenance, for allowing conservation projects and too much rain; so this month is not available.
– Whether the INCA TRAIL permits for the desired date are SOLD OUT, you can always pre-book for another date, for next year or simply consider other alternative tours that also reach MachuPicchu.
– SALKANTAY TREK
– WALK TO LARES
– INCA JUNGLE TRAIL
– HIKE TO CHOQUEQUIRAO
– HIKE TO VILCABAMBA
– ANCASCOCHA WALK
– Either SHORT INCA TRAIL 2/D or INCA TRAIL 3/D that is always available
– Keep in mind that no matter which tour you choose, the great tour of Machu Picchu in the end will be almost the same; what will vary is the previous part or how you will get there (this is through the Trails, by Train or through any of the alternative walks)
– The maximum number of Inca Trail permits available is 500. Support staff is included within the five hundred, which means that only around 200 permits for tourists and around 300 for cooks, porters and guides are assigned each day .
– No travel agency or tour operator will be able to offer you a space for the Inca Trail, unless available spaces are shown for the date you want to start the trek. Also keep in mind that if you find 90 spaces or less, it means that you should book your Inca Trail as quickly as possible, since the remaining spaces may be sold out in the following hours or even minutes.
– It is also important to know that NO matter how many clients cancel their Inca Trail reservations, NO ONE else can use these spaces since the system is designed to prevent some companies from reserving the spaces with fabricated information in advance and then changing it with that of their real last minute customers.
– We hope you find this information on Inca Trail Availability useful and if so, start dreaming of your next adventure in 2020 – 2021!
HOW TO BOOK INCA TRAIL
Instructions to Book Online (Reservations) Choose a date
First step: check availability
Be sure to make a reservation well in advance. Please check that there are still spaces available in our group and book as far in advance as possible as our trek departure dates are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Verify that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the date of entry into Peru.
Nuestras Mejores Experiencias de Viajeros
Tours in Machu Picchu es una empresa de viajes peruana con sede en Cusco con muchos años de experiencia y un vasto conocimiento del turismo en Perú, especialmente en el sur de Perú.